Join us for 88 Creative Keys Summer Workshop!
July 10 - 13, Denver, Colorado
SWING from sessions on building ear skills to sessions on developing better reading skills.
MOVE off the bench to master new skills on the bench.
ENGAGE in stimulating conversations that may sway the direction of your business or validate your current status.
DEVELOP creative skills from the page so you can build more skills off the page.
RENEW your sense of balance as a professional musician and teacher. One that is first and foremost centered around creativity and teaching creatively.
What’s specifically happening this summer? The schedule only begins to tell the story of what you’ll experience at the workshop.
By the way, a good portion of what happens is determined by attendees--yes--you!
- Hear dynamic lectures that inspire, challenge, and refuel your perspective as a creative teacher and business owner.
- Engage in deep group discussions on relevant topics like crowd control in group lessons, dealing with “that” student, business tips, performance anxiety, and more.
- Gain confidence in technology at the Genius Bar--a brand new addition this year where you can get support for tech questions and problems.
- Dig your heels in and develop your playing-by-ear skills--you CAN do it!!!
- Take the challenge and dive into playing lead sheets in various styles with confidence.
- Connect with like-minded teachers as well as Samantha, Thomas, Leila and Bradley.
- Observe a lesson in “real time” and learn how to guide wanna-be improvisers and composers.
- Collect a list of teachable pop songs and learn ways to use them as a gateway to creativity.
- Develop chord fluency and build improvisation with interactive, hands-on seminars.
This short list only begins to cover what we guarantee will be a life-changing experience for you!
We won’t promise that you’ll find balance at 88 Creative Keys. You may feel slightly off-kilter while at the workshop because you’ll be pulled in so many directions--from the eye to the ear, on the bench and off the bench.
Striking a balance requires a temporary shift in priorities and making trade-offs.
It’s all about give and take, or being off balance on purpose.
Our goal is that you embrace a life of “off balance on purpose.”
Stretch yourself in new directions and grow as musicians, teachers, business owners, and human beings.
Join Bradley Sowash, Leila Viss, and guest teachers Samantha Coates and Thomas Hoops for a dynamic, 4-day experience that will tug and pull at your thinking about what to emphasize and what to minimize as you find your sense of balance.
Receive a $50 rebate if you bring your own keyboard to the 3- or 4-day workshop.
Four Days - Three options!
Because we are a small boutique workshop, each student has a big impact on our planning and budget i.e. how many pianos to provide, how many meals to prepare, etc. However, we also understand that unforeseen circumstances may prevent a paid registrant from attending the workshop. So we are happy to offer a full refund minus a $50 processing fee provided we receive an email notifying us of the necessity to cancel on or before July 1. No refunds will be offered after this date.
Equalize your reading and improvising skills… they’re not opposites!
What to expect in Denver:
What: A professional development workshop like none other--guaranteed!
When: Tuesday, July 10-13, 2018, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Where: Denver Christian School in Lakewood, Colorado.
Options: Come Tuesday only, or Wednesday - Friday, or stay all four days.
Food: A light breakfast, lunch, and snacks. All well-balanced--of course!
Materials: Included in the tuition.