The 2018 workshop was our best ever!
Now, we are already planning the 2019
with special guest teacher, Forrest Kinney
and a new theme:
Think backward to move forward...
July 9-12, 2019, Denver, Colorado
Four Days - Three options!
SWING from sessions on building ear skills to sessions on developing better reading skills.
MOVE off the bench to master new skills on the bench.
ENGAGE in stimulating conversations that may sway the direction of your business or validate your current status.
DEVELOP creative skills from the page so you can build more skills off the page.
RENEW your sense of balance as a professional musician and teacher. One that is first and foremost centered around creativity and teaching creatively.
Lock in 2018 fees by registering now
before 2019 prices kick in!
- $25 Alumni rebate – Participants who have previously attended and 88 Creative Keys summer workshop qualify for $25 off! To redeem this offer, pay the full amount. Then notify us so we can refund the amount of the discount right away. (Not applicable to one-day seminar.) Offer expires April 30.
- $25 Professional educator rebate – Music teachers who belong to a professional trade organization qualify for a $25 discount. To confirm your status, email proof of membership such as a picture of your membership card to a trade association such as MTNA or, Inner Circle. And yes, Alumnus and Professional educator discounts can be combined. To redeem this offer, pay the full amount. Then notify us so we can refund the amount of the discount right away. (Not applicable to one-day seminar.) Offer expires April 30.
- $50 Bring your own keyboard - We can always use extra keyboards. That's why we'll send you a $50 rebate at the end of the conference for every keyboard you bring. (Limit 3. Keyboard must have a minimum of 61 keys. Not applicable to one-day seminar.)
Because we are a small boutique workshop, each student has a big impact on our planning and budget i.e. how many pianos to provide, how many meals to prepare, etc. However, we also understand that unforeseen circumstances may prevent a paid registrant from attending the workshop. So we are happy to offer a full refund minus a $50 processing fee provided we receive an email notifying us of the necessity to cancel on or before May 30. Registrants notifying us of cancellation on or before June 30 shall receive a refund for half the amount paid minus a $50 processing fee . No refunds can be offered on or after on or before July 1.
Every year is different. Here's what we did last summer:
View the 2018 schedule for more details.
- Heard dynamic lectures that inspired, challenged, and refueled your perspective as a creative teacher and business owner.
- Engaged in deep group discussions on relevant topics like crowd control in group lessons, dealing with “that” student, business tips, performance anxiety, and more.
- Gained confidence in technology at the Genius Bar--a brand new addition to support tech questions and problems.
- Dug our heels in and developed your playing-by-ear skills--you CAN do it!!!
- Took the challenge and dived into playing lead sheets in various styles with confidence.
- Connected with like-minded teachers as well as Samantha, Thomas, Leila, and Bradley.
- Observed a lesson in “real time” and learned how to guide wanna-be improvisers and composers.
- Collected a list of teachable pop songs and learn ways to use them as a gateway to creativity.
- Developed chord fluency and build improvisation with interactive, hands-on seminars.
Write a review
Have you attended an 88 Creative Keys summer workshop or webinar? Please share your thoughts with prospective participants here:
What to expect in Denver:
What: A professional development workshop like none other--guaranteed!
When: Tuesday, July 9-12, 2019, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Where: Denver Christian School in Lakewood, Colorado.
Options: Come Tuesday only, or Wednesday - Friday, or stay all four days.
Food: A light breakfast, lunch, and snacks. All well-balanced--of course!
Materials: Included in the tuition.